1. The CoP18 CITES will be held in Geneva
Geneva is fortunate to be hosting the meeting of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), a major global environmental event that was originally scheduled to take place in Sri Lanka in late May and was postponed following several attacks in the country.
CITES CoP18, also known as the World Wildlife Conference, will be held in Geneva at the Exhibition and Congress Centre – Palexpo from 17 to 28 August2019.
What is CoP18? It is in fact both the 18thConference of the Parties (CoP18) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the 8thConference of the Parties serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 8). CITES is an international agreement to protect fauna and flora against over-exploitation through international trade. This treaty, signed by 182 countries plus the European Union, entered into force in 1975. It protects, to varying degrees, 5,600 animal species and 30,000 plants. It last met in 2016 in South Africa.
2. Manotel: longstanding support for international organisations
The Manotel Group is the premier independent hotel group in Geneva and a leader in the 4- and 3-star market. The group’s six hotels are all located near the train station and in the immediate vicinity of the international organisations district, which explains its regular collaboration with numerous institutions and in particular with the United Nations (UN) since 1978.
The Group is thus fully aware of the expectations and needs of its customers working in international organisations.
Sensitive to the environment and constantly reflecting on its ecological footprint, the group has also supported the WWF organisation for many years.
On the occasion of this worldwide event and exclusively this summer, Manotel is offering an exceptional rate for stays in its two top 4-star hotels, Hôtel N’vY and Hôtel Royal.
See terms and conditions below:
- Period of validity
From 15 to 31 August 2019
Offer valid exclusively for the group’s Royal and N’vY hotels
CHF190 – excluding breakfast and tourist tax for Hotel N’vY
CHF 165 – excluding breakfast and tourist tax for Hotel Royal
Cancellation free of charge up to 48 hours before arrival
- How does it work?
1) By booking online at manotel.com using the code COP18 to benefit from the special offer
2) or directly via the following booking links:
3. Two good reasons to stay at Manotel during CoP18
- Hôtel Royal and Hôtel N’vY are located in the heart of the city: a few steps from the station and 10 minutes by train from the airport and Palexpo, making it easier to discover the city, while quickly reaching the Congress Centre.
- The Manotel Group has always been sensitive to environmental issues. Actively involved in a sustainable development programme since 2006, it strives to respect its home territory while promoting it internationally. A way of giving back to its native city.
To benefit from this offer, go ahead and book here
If you are a group and would like more information, feel free to contact our booking agents who will be happy to answer all your questions: email@example.com