Measures for our staff
• 4. Professional development
• Promotions and transfers within Manotel. Groups of a dozen participants do benefit from 35 courses for a total of 450 training sessions every year.
• 5. Referrals
• Staff are encouraged to recommend their relatives and friends for employment.
• 6. Male/female parity
• Maintain the male/female parity within the Group.
Measures applied to the environment
• 7. Monitoring consumption
• Streamline monitoring of energy for a better consumption control.
• 8. Energy (water, electricity, fuel)
• Control of energy consumption (Monitor power consumption, invest in favour of effective insulation
• (windows, building envelope), solar panels, program to minimize water consumption, presence detectors, cold ceilings, energy-saving light bulbs…
• 9. Housekeeping techniques
• Optimise the use of appliances and cleaning products.
• 10. Waste management
• Conclude agreements for services linked to sorting and disposal of hazardous waste. Negotiate with suppliers for the return of used packaging or products.
Manotel was able to give out the green economies, particularly with the complicity of the customers and their increased awareness to limit their daily consumption of bath towels, to the programme “Explore” of WWF International. More than twenty students thus carried out an internship within the framework of the program "Explore!" in Madagascar and Paraguay. This course enables young ones to confront the reality of the environmental issues at stake and encouraged most of them to begin a career in this sector.
In 2008, the Manotel Group received the Canton of Geneva Sustainable Development Award, the “Prix Suisse de l’Ethique”, and was nominated at the Worldwide Hospitality Awards in Paris.